– Maybe you’re right, but I can’t imagine the guys of the Pentagon putting their lives at stake in a war versus the Aliens, just in order to save few people… they’re not humanist, you see ? … Moreover, they know that a war versus the Aliens would be suicide, as their technology is much more advanced than ours ! And maybe it’s only a coincidence. But your theory doesn’t explain the countdown…
-Hi Duke, I’m doctor Wallace… I can tell you that it’s not a coincidence ! So far I’ve never dared to talk about this affair, but… The teleporter that I’ve built is based on a former colleague’s work. A short time after having been fired from the laboratory, he died in a strange accident ! Maybe he worked on an alien machine… the latter could have been taken in the wreck of a crashed space ship… if a space ship REALLY crashed near Roswell, on
– So why are you still alive, Wallace ?
– I don’t know. Perhaps the Pentagon prefers keeping me under control, as long as I work in
the Area 51. Moreover, they needed me to construct the teleporter and attack the Aliens.
– Yes, it’s logic… So the Pentagon knew the existence of these Aliens… By the way, I’ve seen some Aliens dressed with the uniform of the LAPD, and few screens with ENGLISH words on them !!! The Aliens must have taken A LOT of things on Earth… and they were never caught ?!?
– Well, it’s really odd…
– And the Aliens from Maia were aiming at the Earth with a gigantic laser cannon… They could have already destroyed the Earth ! So WHY do they wait for 10 hours before destroying the Sun ? – Perhaps they think that the Earth isn’t the only inhabited planet of our star system… But anyway, they could destroy all the planets of the solar system, step by step. Another strange thing…
-Colonel, my trip to Maia showed to the Aliens that Humans can be a potential threat. Maybe they’ll destroy the Earth very soon, as a retaliation !!! They won’t play with us any longer !
– If the Earth hasn’t been destroyed yet, it means that the Aliens have decided to eliminate you first… Although the Maia base is now empty, the Aliens still think that they can kill you. So in their eyes, Maia was surely a piece of cake, compared with the other planets… Be REALLY careful, Duke !!!
– Thanks for this piece of advice, colonel…
– Where are you now ?
– I’m on another planet. A kind of remake of the Hoth planet, in “The Empire Strikes Back”…
– I see ! You must be on a planet of the Taygeta star system ! In this system, the planets are
very far from the star, that’s why the climate is so cold… But if you can bear this chilly atmosphere, it means that you’re on one of the closest planets from the star..
-It seems to be rather quiet, isn’t it ?
– Yes colonel… I’m in a kind of little forest, on the top of a mountain… There’s a warehouse
to the left, and a frozen lake to the right… Wait a minute… What…
-Swizz ! Swizz !
-Duke ? DUUUKKKEEE !!!
* Play Information *
Single Player : Yes
DukeMatch 2-8 Player : No
Cooperative 2-8 Player : Yes
Difficulty Settings : Yes
Plutonium Pak Required : Yes
New Art: No
New Sounds: No
New Music: Yes
New .CONs: Yes
Demos Replaced: No